Authorities Confirmed no Malaysia Airlines MH370 Wreckage in Southern Philippines

The Philippine authorities have confirmed that no wreckage of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was found in the southern Philippines.

Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said the confirmation also rejected claims that wreckage believed to be that of MH370 was found in the country.

“Not true…the Philippines has confirmed there is no plane wreckage,” he said in a text message to Bernama today.

On Saturday, a man identified as Jamil Omar lodged a report at the Sandakan police station claiming his aunt had found the plane wreckage in a forest at Pulau Sugbay, Tawi-Tawi in the Philippines early last month.

The report also claimed the woman found human skeletal remains and a 178cm by 89cm wide Malaysian flag in the wreckage.

MH370 vanished from the radar on March 8, last year as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 227 passengers and 12 crew on board.

The Boeing 777 aircraft has yet to be found, even after an exhaustive search in the southern Indian Ocean where it is believed to have gone down after veering off course. – Bernama

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *